trooper killed,kashmir,pampore,

A Indian soldier was killed and another injured when suspected militants fired upon an army patrol in Kadlabal area of Pampore some 20 kms from Srinagar on Saturday.

Gunmen Decamp With AK-47 Rifle
Srinagar, July 07: one Indian trooper was killed and another injured in an attack in Pampore, today.Some unidentified persons fired upon the troops of 50-Rashtriya Rifles near Pampore resulting in injuries to two of them.

The injured troopers were rushed to a hospital where one of them succumbed to his injuries.
-Greater Kashmir
Militants attack army patrol near Pampore
Soldier Killed, Another Injured; Gunmen Decamp With AK-47 Rifle

Srinagar, July 7: Militants Saturday afternoon attacked Army’s Corridor Protection Party (CPP) on Srinagar-Jammu highway near saffron town Pampore killing a Rashtriya Rifles (RR) soldier on the spot and injuring another.
Militants fled from the spot alongwith the AK-47 assault rifle of the deceased soldier, police said.
“One soldier died while another was injured and they (militants) decamped with an AK-47 rifle after the attack,” Superintend of Police (SP) Awantipora Abdul Waheed told Greater Kashmir. “We are investigating,” he said.

Sources in Army said that around two to three militants appeared at Kadlabal (Pampore) in district Pulwama at around 3.18 pm and opened fire on the soldiers. They opened indiscriminate fire on a group of two soldiers killing Deepak Kumar on the spot, while as Trilok Singh Daya war critically injured.
Another CPP, according to sources, was at least hundred yards away from the spot and militants took the advantage and snatched the AK-47 assault rifle of Deepak and fled from the scene. The soldiers fired some shots in the air.
The officials at Pampore hospital told Greater Kashmir that two Army men were brought to the hospital. “One among the two was brought dead and other was seriously injured,” they said adding that the injured had suffered bullet injuries in his abdomen.
“We referred him to Srinagar after initial treatment,” they said.
The incident took place minutes before the passing time of the Army convoy. The soldiers had come from Pampore camp of RR and arrived at Kadlabal 20 minutes before the incident as CPP to assist CRPF in facilitating the passage of convoy. “The convoy passed off peacefully,” deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) south Kashmir Vijay Kumar told Greater Kashmir. He added that the fire was opened with AK-47 rifle.
Soon after the firing, panic gripped the area. The shopkeepers downed their shutters and left for safer places. The commuters went helter shelter. The traffic disappeared from roads. As the site of incident falls on Srinagar-Jammu highway, heavy traffic jam was witnessed from Panthachowk as well as from Awantipora side.
Police, Army and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) carried out searches in the area, however, police said no body was arrested.
Today’s incident was second such attack this year. Earlier on January 27, militants targeted an army convoy with a grenade at Azad Gunj area of Baramulla. It led to injury to a civilian.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email