ANANTNAG: Three militants have been killed during a brief gunfight between militants and the government forces in district Anantnag on wee hours of Monday.

Police said that a nocturnal Cordon and Search Operation was launched at Malikpora, Hakura area of Anantnag, ensuing in a brief gunfight.

He said three militants were killed in the gunfight.

He identified the three militants as Eisa Fazili @ Eisa Roohullah (TuM) X-Btech student of Srinagar, Syed Owais Shafi (HM) of Vailoo, Kokernag, Kokernag and third one from Pakistan.

The operation was jointly launched by 19 RR and Anantnag police.

Anantnag Gunfight: Police version

Pursuing credible leads of presence of militants, forces started search in the Hakoora area of Anantnag district.

While the search was going on the hiding militants fired upon the search party.

The fire was retaliated by the security forces ensuing in an encounter.

In the encounter, 3 militants were killed which include Eesa Fazli of Srinagar, Syed Owais of Kokernag and a third militant whose Identity is being ascertained.

In the process arms and ammunition which include AK 47 rifles, pistols, and hand grenades.

In the said incident no collateral damage has taken place.

It is pertinent to mention that among the killed militants, one was involved in a recent attack on a police guard post at Soura in which one police constable was killed.

In this connection a case has been registered and investigation has been started under the relevant provisions of the law by the Police.

Meanwhile, authorities have decided to impose the restrictions in Srinagar parts including old city on Monday after a militant from Soura, Srinagar was killed along with his two associates in an overnight gunfight with government forces in Anantnag district.

Although police did not spell out the reason for imposing the sudden restrictions, administration officials said they apprehended protests following the killing of the militant Mohammad Eisa Fazili of Soura.

Inputs fron RK

Print Friendly, PDF & Email