FRIDAY, 04 MARCH 2011
Srinagar: Family members and relatives of a 64 year old man who was booked under Public Safety Act and shifted to Central Jail Srinagar on Friday staged a protest demonstration outside the Deputy Commissioner Budgam’s office.
Mohammad Abdullah Mir (64) son of Mohiddin Mir of Soibugh area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district was arrested on charges of stone pelting 18 days ago.
Family members said notwithstanding repeated assurances by the authorities that Abdullah would be released; he was booked under Public Safety Act and shifted to the Central Jail today.
Claiming he was innocent, Abdullah’s family members and relatives accused the police of implicating him in false case. “My father is not involved in stone pelting. He is the lone bread-earner for our large family and used to work day and night as a labourer to meet ends,” Abdullah’s elder son told media men.
Shouting anti-police and anti-government slogans outside the DC’s office in Budgam, Abdullah’s family and relatives demanded his immediate release. Despite repeated attempts, deputy commissioner budgam could not be contacted for his comments.-agencies
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on Black law
- CASE 2011-0058-E: MA. MERCEDITAS N. GUTIERREZ, VS. THE HOUSE OF …
- Pakistan Gov't Failed Its Christian Minister « Persecution News
- AllNewsHype.com» Blog Archive » Takeover Code
- Related posts on Budgam
- Lamb Placenta | Joy of Weight loss
- The India Post » Blog Archive » Lasith Malinga stars with six …
- Workshop on capacity building for bankers in Budgam
- Related posts on Draconian law
- Pakistani Christians protest after assassination of Shahbaz Bhatti
- Wolves And The Natural Law