22,750 women widowed, 9988 molested since 1989
Islamabad, March 08 (KGN): As the world observes the International Women’s Day, today, the misery and victimization of Kashmiri women by Indian troops continue unabated. Reports KMS news.
According to a report, released by the Research Section of Kashmir Media Service, on the occasion of the International Women’s Day today, thousands of women were among 93,559 civilians, martyred by Indian troops since January 1989 till March 2011.
The report maintained that 603 women were killed by the troops alone from January 2001 till date. Since January 1989 the state terrorism rendered 22,750 women widowed while 9988 were molested by the occupation troops.
Thousands of women suffered the loss of their sons, husbands and brothers in the occupied territory who got disappeared in the custody of police and paramilitary forces. As per the Association of Parents of Disappeared Persons, more than ten thousand Kashmiris went missing during the past twenty-two years. The report further maintained that majority of the Kashmiris suffering from multiple psychic problems was of womenfolk.
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on HR
- H. R. Official » Under the H.R. Umbrealla
- Rites Gurgaon Sr. Assistant (HR) Recruitment 2011 Jobs Recruitment …
- Related posts on human rights
- World Council of Churches joins in appeal to – Uniting Church
- Chiapas: three members of the Digna Ochoa Center for Human Rights …
- Young Feminist Wire » Young Professionals in Human Rights …
- Related posts on Kashmiri women
- Kashmiri Women
- She Was Sucking Two Dicks At A Time | Frette Reviews
- Why a free-Islamic Kashmir? The Kashmir we dream of…